Get in touch to receive access.
Part one / two: 1 hr 46 mins
To purchase and view this webinar please get in touch email@example.com
About this webinar
This webinar takes ACEs (adverse childhood experiences) as its central theme. Dr Sunderland will explore the tragic impact on quality of life, when people suffer multiple adverse childhood experiences when there are no protective factors in place. Then most importantly, Dr Sunderland discusses the wealth of research showing that one emotionally available adult (vital protective factor) can interrupt the trajectory from ACEs to physical and mental illness and often early death. She addresses exactly what the adult has to do, say and be in order to be an emotionally available. The webinar includes moving case studies and specific practical interventions to support the recovery process of children and young people who have known the shock and agony of traumatic life experiences when there was no one there at the time to help them make sense of what happened.
Benefits from watching
- Learn about the evidence base for the impact of ACEs with the same research outcomes in studies all over the world.
- Understand why ACES without protective factors can impact so badly on the immune system, the endocrine system, neurochemistry, neuroanatomy and brain development.
- Take away a wealth of practical interventions to help traumatised children and young people to heal
- Watch moving case studies to underpin theory and practice of trauma recovery
- Learn the key relational skills of an emotionally available adult including mental state talk, loud empathy, emotion coaching and PACE ( play acceptance curiosity and empathy)
- Understand how to bring about secure attachment in children and young people who have felt psychological safe
- Learn about TISUK’s model of Protect Relate Regulate, Reflect